At Art UK we believe in
Art UK is a cultural education charity. We enable global audiences to learn about the UK’s national art collection. Our website is the showcase for art in every UK public collection and is a collaboration between over 3,250 British institutions.
The art you see on Art UK is for everyone – for enjoyment, learning
These artworks are in museums, universities, town halls, hospitals and other civic buildings across the country. As 80% of this art is not on public view, Art UK allows you to see art that you would not normally be able to visit.
Art UK is free for all to enjoy. It is through the generosity of a wide range of public and private funders that we are able to make this possible. Find out how you can support us.
Our achievements to date include:
Digitising220,000 artworks by nearly 40,000 artists
- Taking a Monet and other great artworks into schools in our Masterpieces in Schools initiative
- Generating much-needed commercial income for local museums and galleries
- Creating public engagement opportunities and valuable learning resources
- Helping experts and the public alike to solve artwork mysteries through Art Detective
- Telling the stories behind the art
Our current major project is documenting and
We are also growing our works on paper –
If you are visiting the Art UK website from overseas, we hope you are inspired by the art that can be found in the UK's extraordinary public collections. And if you are from the UK, we hope you enjoy discovering the art you own.
New to Art UK? Discover our top tips for exploring the UK's art collection
Art UK is the operating name of the Public Catalogue Foundation, a charity registered in England and Wales (109685) and Scotland (SC048601).