Code of Conduct
Art Detective contributors should ensure their comments consist of facts and evidence-based opinions. If any contributors break the Art Detective code of conduct, Art UK will assert and exert its right to edit or remove such comments.
When you are involved in public discussions you should adhere to these guidelines:
- Be respectful
- Be polite and do not use swear words
- Do not make personal comments and criticisms
- If you have an issue with a comment click the ‘report’ button (found next to the comment)
- Respect the decisions of Group Leaders, members of the Panel and the owning collection of the painting
- Explain the reasoning behind your opinions
- Provide basic references if quoting other sources
- Do not post large pieces of text from other websites, other discussions or uploaded documents: be as concise as possible
- Do not include your contact details in a public discussion, or the contact details of another person
- Do not promote your business or anything else in public discussions (unless a scholarly reference)
- Do not upload anything illegal or which promotes illegal activity
Other users can see your public profile. Your name will be shown in full but contact details will not appear to the general public user. Your details can only be seen by participating collections and group leaders.