Yinka Shonibare CBE Party Boy, 2014 limited edition print
This limited-edition print was specially commissioned for the Foundling Museum’s ten year anniversary and the 2014 exhibition ‘Progress’, marking the 250th anniversary of the death of artist and Foundling Hospital patron William Hogarth (1697–1764). The print is a response to plate 3 (‘The Tavern Scene’) of Hogarth’s A Rake’s Progress. Each print is unique with different fabrics applied to each edition.
Yinka Shonibare MBE was born in London and moved to Lagos, Nigeria at the age of three.
He returned to London to study Fine Art first at Byam Shaw College of Art (now Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design) and then at Goldsmiths College, where he received his MFA, graduating as part of the ‘Young British Artists’ generation.
He currently lives and works in the East End of London.
- Edition of 30
- Each individual print is numbered and signed by the artist
- Material: Digital print on Somerset enhanced 255gsm paper
- Dimensions: 42.5 cm x 57.5 cm
- Hand deckled all round, silkscreen seize and hand gild in 24ct gold leaf to balloon
- Accompanied by a letter of authenticity
- Each print is unique and includes hand-decorated details
- The edge of the paper is natural and unfinished
- We recommend that the print is float mounted