Cambridge & County Folk Museum holds a rich and varied collection of objects, pictures and documents dating from the seventeenth century to the present day. The Museum opened its doors in 1936, in the former premises of the 'White Horse Inn', in the historic centre of Cambridge. Eleven of the oil paintings featured here are by the local artist Miss Mary Charlotte Greene (1860–1951). A relative of the writer Graham Greene, she was an early member of the Cambridge Drawing Society, later becoming its President. Four of our most prized paintings are inn signs by local artist Richard Hopkins Leach (1794–1851).