The roots of the Cheshunt Foundation lie in the Training College for Independent Ministers founded in Trevecca, in 1768, by Selina, Countess of Huntingdon (1707–1791). Lady Huntingdon’s college moved to Cheshunt in Hertfordshire in 1792, and became Cheshunt College. In 1905 it moved to Cambridge in 1905, and in 1967, Cheshunt College merged with Westminster College. The Cheshunt paintings are still owned by the Cheshunt Foundation, lineal descendant of Trevecca College, but are kept at Westminster. We wish to stress that the Cheshunt Foundation paintings are not in public ownership. In accordance with the charitable aims of the Foundation, which is a private institution, we are including our paintings on this website for the principal benefit of wider academic awareness. Westminster College is not open to the public.
Cheshunt Foundation, Westminster College, Cambridge
Madingley Road, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire CB3 0AA England
Please remember to double-check the opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit