Greenwich Heritage Centre opened in 2003 in a former factory building in the Royal Arsenal at Woolwich, bringing together the collections of the former Greenwich Borough Museum and the Local History Library. Both organisations collected fine art, and the Heritage Centre's collection consists mainly of landscapes and maritime scenes of the local area, often by local artists. Notable paintings include 'View from Greenwich Park' by the maritime painter William Lionel Wyllie, commissioned by the Borough Council in 1924, and the 'Launch of the "Royal Albert" at Woolwich Dockyard' by George Chambers II, purchased with the kind assistance of the Art Fund and the Victoria and Albert Museum Purchase Grant Fund.
Greenwich Heritage Centre
Artillery Square, Royal Arsenal, London, Greater London SE18 4DX England
020 7854 2452http://www.greenwichheritage.org
Please remember to double-check the opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit