The Archives and Local History Centre holds the archives and local history collections for Hammersmith and Fulham, including paintings, documents, books, maps, photographs, old newspapers and other sources for family and house history. These historical resources tell the story of the borough and its people. The Archives hold some 600 paintings, drawings and prints, the majority of which are views of the borough and its buildings. Those which date from before the mid-nineteenth century are particularly useful because they show us the area before the invention of photography. About 90 pictures were bequeathed by Samuel Martin, who was the first Borough Librarian of Hammersmith in 1890–1919. Sir Kenyon Vaughan-Morgan, MP for East Fulham 1922–1933, was another generous donor.
Hammersmith and Fulham Archives and Local History Centre
1st Floor, Hammersmith Library Shepherd's Bush Road Hammersmith, London, Greater London W6 7AT England
020 8753 3850http://www.lbhf.gov.uk/Directory/Leisure_and_Culture/Libraries/Archives/17430_Archives_and_Local_History.asp
Please remember to double-check the opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit