Ipswich County Library is a public library that is in the centre of town and easily accessible by public transport. There is disabled access in Old Foundry Road to the left of the main entrance in Northgate Street. Ipswich Library was built on the current site in 1924. The cost was provided by Alderman William Paul, who also donated the site, and the Carnegie Trust. The Library was refurbished by Suffolk County Council in 1994. There are three floors, with lending services on the ground floor, reference services on the first and an arts library on the second floor. The collection includes four permanent paintings that have been donated to the library, while display areas throughout the library are used to promote local organisations and events.
Ipswich County Library
Northgate Street, Ipswich, Suffolk IP1 3DE England
Please remember to double-check the opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit