The Museum has approximately 100 oil paintings of varying types but most are landscapes from 1870 to the mid-1920s. They were originally a bequest from a benefactor, Francis Chardon, who was a painter and collector of the Victorian/Edwardian eras. There are only a few examples of his own oils as he worked mostly in pastels. We do not add to the painting collection as such as we have over the years concentrated in the history of Llandudno and District. One of the works is a fine competent showpiece by Attilio Pratella, of a vegetable market scene in Naples. Chardon studied painting there and this explains our Italian connection. Another, more local scene shows rocks on the west shore in Llandudno, by J. C. Salmon, one of the artists associated with the Conwy Valley Group.
Chardon House, 17–19 Gloddaeth Street, Llandudno, Conwy LL30 2DD Wales
Please remember to double-check the opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit