Once owned by a Robert Sprivers in 1447, Sprivers was a timber-framed building now encased in brick. Set amongst 108 acres of parkland, it was, in the past, noted for its production of oak timber. Alexander Courthorpe (1697–1779), whose portrait is still at the property, acquired it in 1704 and it remained in the family until it was bequeathed to the National Trust by Robert Courthope in 1966.
National Trust, Sprivers
Horsmonden, Kent TN12 8DR England
Please remember to double-check the opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit