St Hilda's College, Oxford was founded in 1893 as a women's college and is now fully co-educational. Its collection reflects its history as a former women's college and the collection has a particular strength in late nineteenth-century and twentieth-century female portraiture. The majority of the paintings in the Collection have been generously donated by Principals, Fellows, former students, and friends of the College. The paintings at St Hilda's College are not in public ownership. In accordance with the charitable aims of the College, which is a private institution, the College's collection is included on this website for the benefit of scholarship and for wider public awareness. Access to the Collection is by appointment only and is restricted to those engaged in academic research, who should apply to The Principal's PA, St. Hilda's College, Oxford, OX4 1DY.
St Hilda's College, University of Oxford
Cowley Place, Oxford, Oxfordshire OX4 1DY England
Please remember to double-check the opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit