The Wardown Park Museum houses the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Regiment (formerly 16th Foot or Bedfordshire Regiment) gallery which explores the history of the Regiment from its inception in 1688 through to the amalgamation with the Essex Regiment in 1958 to form the East Anglian Regiment (Royal Anglian regiment from 1964). Displays featured include recruitment, the early years of the Regiment, the Boer War, First World War, Second World War, service in India and the Far East and National Service, medals, and an interactive oral history display.
Wardown Park Museum, Bedfordshire & Hertfordshire Regiment Association Museum Collection
Old Bedford Road, Luton, Bedfordshire LU2 7HA England
Please remember to double-check the opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit