Due to Covid-19 restrictions, venues and exhibitions are closed until further notice. We recommend checking with the venues' own websites for up-to-date information. Built 1900–1904 and designed by James Thomson of Baird and Thomson, Glasgow, Dumbarton Municipal Buildings is a Category B Listed Building in the Scots Baronial style. The Buildings sit on College Park, former location of the medieval Collegiate Church of St Mary. In the grounds stands the College Bow, the second oldest structure in Dumbarton, all that remains of St Mary. Also contained within the grounds are 'McFarlan's Hurdles', three Burmese canons presented to the town by Provost McFarlan on the opening of the Municipal Buildings, and a statue of Peter Denny, local shipbuilder and ship owner. The building has housed the local district court, council chamber and marriage suites. Within the Municipal Buildings are West Dunbartonshire Council's collection of Stephen Conroy portraits and Hope James Stewart's 'Landing of Queen Victoria at Dumbarton'.
West Dunbartonshire Libraries and Cultural Services: Dumbarton Municipal Buildings
College Street (off Station Road), Clydebank, West Dunbartonshire G82 1NR Scotland
Please remember to double-check the opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit